Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mary Hates Beyonce



We were just watching the Rock Center tree lighting ceremony and Beyonce was singing. As Mary watched, she spouted off several comments, while Dick and I just sat there, dumbfounded by her wisdom.

It was like Mary and Beyonce have a disfunctional relationship, where Mary verbally abuses Beyonce, but then tries to make up for it with less than adequate compliments.

Word for word, this is what Mary said:

"What does she think this is? New Years? She looks like a ho from East Oakland."

Beyonce hits a high note

"She does have a good voice, doesn't she"

(a few seconds pass)

"She's not married, is she Karen?" I tell her she's married to Jay-Z.

"Loser."

The camera pulls in on a close-up

"Wow, look at those diamonds. I bet that idiot Puff Dizzy bought them for her."

"She does have nice eye shadow, though."

PS Obviously, I realize that picture is not of Beyonce, but Oprah, but that picture never fails to make me laugh (like my blog) and I've had that picture for a long time and I've been waiting to use it. Plus I hate, I mean dislike Oprah and I feel now is appropriate.

No comments: