Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sunny G Fall Olympics 2008

This is the first entry in a series called "The Dick and Mary Smith Olympics."

I will think of a game and have my parents compete, whether they know it or not. I'm not sure what the prize or point will be, except for pitting them against each other.

I can't wait until my parents are way older and I can really mess with them.

Our first challenge is, "Animal Cracker, Your Mind is Cracked"

I bought some Animal Crackers (vegan, of course, which is kinda ironic). I started off by just shoving those fuckers in my mouth, but I peered over at my dad who was in need of some interaction. And when I say interaction, I mean he was completely focused on watching his favorite show, NCIS, and I needed attention.

I said, "Dad, let's play a game. Guess the animal. I shove my hand in front of his face. What is it?"

"Seal!" he says

"Nice, Pops. You're not as old as you appear."

Next, I hold this one upside down...

"What the hell is that?!" he grabs it outta my hand, turns it right side up, "A kangaroo?!"

"Alright, how bout this one?"


"A birdhouse!"

"Whoa, Dad! These are Animal Crackers, not Animal House Crackers!"

My mom sits down, I announce the beginning of the Dick and Mary Olympics. Dick just continues to watch TV and never acknowledges me, until I say, "Okay mom, get ready for challenge #1, Dad pretty much already lost."

"Story of my life." me mumbles.

"Okay mom, what animal is this?"


"Giraffe."

"Wow, you already blasted Dad outta the water, he said birdhouse!" I say as my mom laughs her ass off and my dad sighs and continues to watch NCIS.

Then she gets the seal right, then I show her the Kangaroo.

"A monkey??!" she says as she makes a monkey gesture, scratching her arm pits.

"What?! Mom, no! Its a kangaroo. You and Dick are totally tied!"

So the results of the first challenge in the Dick and Mary Smith Olympics are a tie.

Do you have any game suggestions? Please send them to me here, or on facebook, or on IM or however else you tell me I need to update my blog more often. Thanks!

No comments: