Wednesday, July 22, 2009

NetFoiled

Dick and Mary hijacked my Netflix account.

Once they figured out that I was paying for it, and any movie could be rented, suddenly my recommendations went from A Mighty Wind, Donnie Darko and Kill Bill to several subtitled Japanese movies, because they rented a Japanese film once and thought every preview looked amazing, so they put them on the que, one about learning Christian values through hard work, and movies like "Songcatcher" - "During a visit to her sister in Appalachia, gifted musicologist Dr. Lily Penleric stumbles upon a musical treasure trove -- dozens of Scots-Irish ballads that have been preserved for generations by the local populace and are unknown to the outside world. Intent on collecting the beautiful songs, Dr. Penleric comes to admire the locals, who live a tough, hardscrabble existence without complaint"

Did you fall asleep? If the people from Little House on the Prarie knew what movies were and then could rent them, that's what they would have rented.

Mary gets pissed if she returns a movie and the one that comes in place of it is a DVD for me. She has also yelled at me if there are not 2 movies available for the weekend.

My parents sometimes rely on me to pick out movies for them. So I'll add movies like Gran Torino and Last Chance Harvey. When I get bored and want to get a rise out of them, and remind them just who's paying for this, I rent something ridiculous that I know they'll be confused and/or angry about.

I just got an email that Beverly Hills Chihuahua is on it's way. Mary will love it for a minute because it's called Beverly Hills Chihuahua but quickly will become bored and indifferent and probably get on her cell phone, leaving Dick to seethe about what a waste of time this is and wishing he was watching a Food Network challenge instead.

The thought of Dick alone in the family room, watching those gay little dogs dance about the Mayan Ruins is wonderful.


When they question me why I added this movie, I will "remind" them that they asked me to put it on the que. And Dick will get even more pissed at Mary.

It arrives today. I'll let you know what the reviews are.

Ksiloveyou: I have no idea what hardscrabble means, but I'm going to use it. You'll see.

No comments: